Water damage can be caused by a number of different things, but that doesn’t make it any less annoying and stressful. At Adams Foundation Repair, we are looking to help relieve some of that stress by providing quality repair services at a price you can afford. When your water lines are damaged, we can get them up and running before you know it.
There are many signs your water line may be damaged before it becomes an outright emergency. Sometimes you accidentally become the cause, other times it’s an act of nature. The most common signs include:
- A stammering faucet
- Slow drainage in the sink
- Water in the street
- Water in the yard
- Puddles inside your home
- Wet spots
- Damp drywall
- Unexplained high water bills
- Low water pressure
- Foundation cracks
- Water Sounds
- Unpleasant smells
All of these signs indicate that your water line is either leaking, burst, or close to breaking. Lucky for you, there are many easy ways to complete the water line repair so it doesn’t happen again. All you have to do is be informed of what causes these issues and avoid them where you can.
What Causes Water Line Breaks?
Water line breaks can be incredibly stressful and hard to avoid. Many of these are similar to sewer line breaks, so if you’ve experienced this before, you’re likely to better know what to look for. There are so many factors, natural and manmade, that can affect your pipes, including:
- Poor installation of pipelines – If your pipelines are made of bad materials or installed wrong, this can affect their life span.
- Freezing and thawing – Any frost on your pipes if they’re not deep enough into the ground can cause them to leak
- Shifting soil underneath the ground – Any movement underground can affect your pipes
- Changing water pressures – Sudden increases in water pressure can be too much for your pipes to handle
- Damage from pests or rodents – Depending on your plumbing setup, pests can create problems for your pipeline
- Wear and tear – Sometimes the simple wear and tear over time are enough to break it down
- Tree roots – Trees that are planted too close to pipelines can run into the lines and hurt them
- Older pipelines – Older pipes are weakened and made of different materials that can corrode over time
- Sudden temperature changes – Any drastic changes in temperature can put stress on your pipes
- Clay soil – Clay is corrosive, meaning your pipes will have a shorter lifespan
- A buildup of grease or food garbage – If you’re in the habit of dumping food garbage or grease down the sink, this could be building up and causing problems in your pipes.
Don’t let these problems become disasters. Call on a company you can trust, like Adams Foundation Repair.
Why Should I Repair My Water Line?
The longer you wait to repair your water line, the worse it gets. Not only will you experience strange water pressure or contaminated water inside your home, but you could be exposing your yard to excess water, ruining the lawn or backyard. It’s simply not safe to allow your water line to stay broken. It’s very easy to get help with this issue. All you have to do is give our qualified team a call and we will come out to inspect the area and come up with a solution.
How Can I Fix My Water Line?
You probably don’t want to attempt this repair yourself, as it can result in a bigger water line break or even a geyser in your front yard. To begin with, you’ll have to turn off the main water, something the city may have to be involved with. We can help you with these repairs. Our proven process includes digging a trench alongside the pipe to reveal the leak and the areas around it. Then we check the area around the leak to see what could be causing the problem. We will then replace the section of pipe that needed it, returning your yard back to normal. We only dig where necessary, not the entire yard.
Trust Adams Foundation Repair
The team of Adams Foundation Repair has years of combined experience that make us the best in the St. Louis area. As a family-owned business, we set out with the goal of serving families much like ours to ensure you stay safe and comfortable all year round. We truly value the entire customer experience. When you’ve noticed some serious water line issues in or around your home, don’t trust just any St. Louis company. Choose one that cares. Our team is here to help you every step of the way, avoiding huge costs where we can. Call today for more information and to receive a free quote!