A crawl space is an often forgotten part of your home. Since it’s located beneath your home you don’t have to see it very often, meaning you could be harboring dangerous mold or foundation issues without knowing for months. Luckily there are some common symptoms that can be easily detected with a quick sweep of the crawl space, but they should still be addressed and fixed by a professional. Luckily, Adams Foundation Repair has a number of proven solutions regarding crawl space support, guaranteed to keep your home healthy and stable for years to come.
Why Choose Adams?
Your home is important. It’s one of the biggest investments you will ever make. Because of this, it’s important to regularly check it for damage and repairs over the years. One of the most important places to check is your crawl space. This area provides most of the air that enters your home, meaning you want the best quality conditions at all times. If you’ve noticed issues with your crawl space, Adams Foundation Repair is the company to call. As a family-owned company, we have years of experience in the industry. We are dedicated to providing you with the best customer service, meaning we’ll answer all your questions and concerns from the beginning of the project to the end. You should never be left in the dark when it comes to crawl space repair and crawl space support in your St. Louis home.
Signs Your Home Needs Crawl Space Repair
Since your crawl space is underneath your home, you’re probably not thinking about checking it regularly. You assume it’s okay until something major happens. Instead of taking this route and potentially spending more money just to fix it, you can be informed about the signs of crawl space damage before it happens. Some common signs include:
- Growing mold or moisture damage
- Musty smells
- Condensation in the air ducts, insulation, water pipes, and more
- Flexing or sagging floors
- High humidity in the home
- Lots of pests
- Wood rot
Occasionally your house may have some mold growth, humidity, or pests normally because of where you live, but excessive amounts of any of the above are when you need to call our professional team for solutions.
What Causes Crawl Space Problems?
When diagnosing the exact cause of your crawl space problems, it’s important to note where the water or issues are coming from, whether it’s above or below. Common causes of crawl space flooding and issues include:
- Landscape grading – If your land is not properly graded it can cause water to pool near or under your home
- Gutter Issues – If gutters are damaged or not properly installed, water can pool near the home and spread to the crawl space
- Flower Beds – If you overwater your flowers, you could be oversaturating the soil, creating problems for your home’s foundation and crawl space
- Broken Water Lines – This one is pretty straightforward. If your water line breaks, you’ll have a lot of excess water near or underneath your home
- Excessive rainfall – If you have a period of heavy rains, your home could experience flooding. It’s important to check after heavy rains for any pooled water underneath the home
Why Should You Encapsulate or Repair Your Crawl Space?
Keeping your crawl space clean and dry is one of the best things you can do for you and your home’s health. Crawl spaces circulate air up to the rest of your house and house important supports for your home’s foundation. If the air in your crawl space is moldy, you will experience the side effects of mold exposure. If your foundation supports are wood or metal and exposed to standing water for long periods of time, they’re likely to rot or corrode, causing problems for the stability of the structure. Not to mention if you have any electrical components in the crawl space, they could be negatively affected by standing water as well. For your health and safety, it’s best to call a professional for your basement waterproofing solutions and crawl space waterproofing needs.
What Do I Do First?
First, you should assess the situation. Do you see any significant damage or issues that could indicate bigger problems? If anything seems out of place, the next step is to call our professionals. We will then set up a time to come and inspect your home for any damage. This is a thorough process. We don’t leave any part of the house unchecked. Once the inspection is complete, we provide you with a free quote for services we expect to complete on the home, detailing each aspect of the repair so that you know exactly where your money is going. If you accept this quote, we will begin working on your home to bring it back to safe conditions.
What Are Common Crawl Space Repair Solutions?
Many of the problems that affect crawl spaces involve excessive water or damage from water/humidity. The best thing to do is to insulate your crawl space from future water or pest problems. We believe in these products and use them for all of our customers. Solutions include:
- Vapor Barrier – A vapor barrier will protect your home from excess water and humidity caused by outside conditions. This is a durable product that will last for years to come, keeping water and pests out in the rainiest of seasons
- Crawl Space Stabilizers – This option is for sagging or flexing floors in your home. You most likely need to replace the supports found in the crawl space. Our stabilizer system will push the floors back to their original position and keep them supported. This requires minimal maintenance over the years.
Trust Adams Foundation Repair
We are your number one choice for crawl space repair in the St. Louis area. With years of experience and a family-oriented focus, you can be sure you’re getting the best service for your money. Our goal is never to bankrupt you with unnecessary services or installations. We even have financing options available. We simply want you to be healthy and safe in your own home. We will be there for you every step of the way to answer questions and concerns. We want to know if you’re dissatisfied with our services because it helps us become better as a company. If you’re ready to get started on your home repairs, give us a call today for a free quote!